Medicaid plays a critical role in providing healthcare to more than 70 million low-income Americans. Individuals in this population often have unique health and social needs and face a variety of challenges in accessing and navigating the healthcare system. In their new white paper “Manatt on Medicaid: 10 Trends to Watch for in 2016,” consulting firm Manatt Health discusses the ten trends they believe will define Medicaid in 2016. Here is a summary of the trends:
- Trend 1: Medicaid Expansion Continues to Gain Traction.
- Trend 2: Data Takes Center Stage in Delivery System Transformation.
- Trend 3: Continued Evolution and Innovation for Medicaid Managed Care.
- Trend 4: New Opportunities for Improving and Integrating Behavioral Health.
- Trend 5: Moving Beyond Medical Services to Tackle the Social Determinants of Health.
- Trend 6: Rebalancing, Integration and Workforce Supports—Momentum Builds for LTSS Reform.
- Trend 7: Linking Medicaid and Criminal Justice Systems—Better Health, Reduced Costs, Less Recidivism.
- Trend 8: More Change Coming for Supplemental Payments.
- Trend 9: Access and Affordability Tensions Continue for Prescription Drugs.
- Trend 10: State Innovation Waivers Provide a New Angle in the Coverage Expansion Debate.
Tomorrow (January 27, 2016) ClientTrack will join Medicaid professionals from all over the country in Orlando for the 7th Annual Medicaid Innovations Forum to discuss innovation for both Medicaid managed care plans and state government agencies. We hope to see you there.
For more information